Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rare Drug Profile: Jenkem


Scientific Name:  Feces, urine (methane).

Effects:  Auditory/visual hallucinations.

Description:  Jenkem is a hallucinogenic substance made from fermented human excrement.  The active compound is methane gas, which produces symptoms like dizziness and hallucinations when inhaled.  While Jenkem is a real phenomenon among poor Zambian children, reports of an American jenkem epidemic have been debunked as a hoax. 

Methods of Ingestion:  Inhalation.

Side Effects/Risks:  Fecal/oral contamination, hypoxia.

Sample Trip Report:  "It lasts about an hour.  With glue, I just hear voices in my head.  But with Jenkem, I see visions.  I see my mother who is dead and I forget about the problems in my life." (BBC News) 

References:

BBC News: World: Africa Children High on Sewage

4 comments:

  1. This is total misinformation. Jenkem was made up by people at 420chan.org as a joke. See their board, /jenk/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was 4Chan around in 1995? Because that's when the first reports came out of Zambia about the use of Jenkem. The reports that came later about it being used by Americans were most certainly a hoax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend is addicted to it: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001191064991

    ReplyDelete
  4. You claim to be a drug expert. Go out and jenk for yourself to find it is a joke.

    ReplyDelete